Saturday, March 31, 2007

Inspired Inspirational Posters

The proper term is actually motivational posters.

Offically they are a nice picture with some sort of insipid guff underneath which is supposed to get you going onwards and upwards.

These are usually hung up by managers who lack the ability to inspire and believe the poster will not only communicate their wishes to the staff but also get the staff... motivated.

It’s cloud cuckoo land thinking and I loathe ‘em.

I spent far too long at one job with three, unspiritual propaganda boards, hanging in front of me. They did little to inspire.

Imagine reading a joke every time you looked up, would it be funny after a month, a week, a day an hour?

I figure the answer is… strangely enough… yes.

These Star Trek inspirational posters are brilliant and this one is a prime example of humour married with observation and could quite happily hang on my office wall, if I had one.


In case you can’t read the text it says:

EXPENDABILITY

Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Ensign Ricky are beaming down to the planet. Guess who's not coming back.

WEB SITE LINK:
echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/star_trek_insp.html

No comments: